Vesuvius, where the grapes have an unmistakable taste and aroma. The fame of this marvellous corner of the world and of its Wine have brought myths and legends to flourish: "God recognizing in the Gulf of Naples a strip of sky cut away by Lucifer, cried and where the Divine tears took root the Lacrima Christi vine came to life".
The Iovine Winery offers some of the best Wines of the Sorrento Peninsula, with an unprecedented "Terra del Gragnano", sparkling red Gragnano Doc, produced only with Pimonte grapes and refermented in the bottle like the old fashion way. We are talking of the highest enological expression ever achieved in the Land of the Sirens.
If we wanted to summarize the past and above all the present of the Iovine Family, "Four generations of winemakers in the Sorrento Peninsula, the Land of the Sirens". With these words, Aniello, the winemaker, presents the family business. A reality present in the Lattari Mountains, rooted in the territory but also open to the challenges of the global market by focusing on the quality of its product. Iovine Wines are present at the most important trade fairs and can boast a series of awards and certificates of all respect to guarantee the quality of their wines.
- Wine name: Lacrima Christi del Vesuvio Red
- Appellation: Lacrima Christi del Vesuvio Rosso DOC
- Zone: Vesuvius slopes
- Blend: 80% Piedirosso 20% Aglianico
- Vineyard age (year of planting): Aglianico 1998,1983 Piedirosso 1998,1983
- Soil Type: Volcanic (made up of volcanic deposits from eruptions of the Vesuvius)
- Altitude: 200 meters above sea level
- Vinification and ageing: Vinification in steel, the wine then matures in large oak casks for 8 months
- Vintage: 2015
- Colour: Intense ruby red
- Nose: Red berries, vinous
- Flavour: Dry, harmonic, velvety
- Serving temperature (°C): 12-14
- Pairings: pasta with Neapolitan ragù (meat sauce), eggplant parmigiana (eggplant fried and then baked with mozzarella, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese), roasts
- Average no. bottles/year: 20,000
- Vine training system: espalier, Pergola Sorrentina
Alcohol: 13% vol
Agrumia does not sell any alcoholic beverages to individuals who are not 18 years old, and by placing an order, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.