The Lettere Wine is offered to the connoisseur for the joy of rediscovering the ancient Campano wine. It has an evanescent froth, an intense red colour, a winy scent, a fresh, lively and intense flavour.
The Iovine Winery offers some of the best Wines of the Sorrento Peninsula, with an unprecedented "Terra del Gragnano", sparkling red Gragnano Doc, produced only with Pimonte grapes and refermented in the bottle like the old fashion way. We are talking of the highest enological expression ever achieved in the Land of the Sirens.
If we wanted to summarize the past and above all the present of the Iovine Family, "Four generations of winemakers in the Sorrento Peninsula, the Land of the Sirens". With these words, Aniello, the winemaker, presents the family business. A reality present in the Lattari Mountains, rooted in the territory but also open to the challenges of the global market by focusing on the quality of its product. Iovine Wines are present at the most important trade fairs and can boast a series of awards and certificates of all respect to guarantee the quality of their wines.
- Wine name: Penisola Sorrentina Red Lettere
- Appellation: Penisola Sorrentina Rosso Lettere DOC
- Zone: Penisola Sorrentina Rosso Lettere DOC
- Blend: 50% Piedirosso 40% Aglianico 10% sciascinoso
- Vineyard age (year of planting): Aglianico 1963 Piedirosso 1963 sciascinoso 1963
- Soil Type: Volcanic (made up of volcanic deposits from eruptions of the Vesuvius)
- Altitude: 200-350 meters above sea level
- Vinification and ageing: Vinification in steel, long second fermentation in an autoclave
- Vintage: 2017
- Colour: Foamy, ruby red
- Nose: Winey, intense
- Flavour: Young, fresh, spicy
- Serving temperature (°C):10-12
- Pairings: pizza, vegetable dishes, fish dishes
Alcohol: 12.5% vol
Notes: Lettere is a small town on the hills facing the Pompei plane
Agrumia does not sell any alcoholic beverages to individuals who are not 18 years old, and by placing an order, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.