The red produced in this ancient vineyard is obtained from Aglianico and Piedirosso grapes. Aged in barrique for 12 months, it is then aged in bottle for another 4 months. It has a strong personality, is soft and balanced. It was born to last over time.
The Iovine Winery offers some of the best Wines of the Sorrento Peninsula, with an unprecedented "Terra del Gragnano", sparkling red Gragnano Doc, produced only with Pimonte grapes and refermented in the bottle like the old fashion way. We are talking of the highest enological expression ever achieved in the Land of the Sirens.
If we wanted to summarize the past and above all the present of the Iovine Family, "Four generations of winemakers in the Sorrento Peninsula, the Land of the Sirens". With these words, Aniello, the winemaker, presents the family business. A reality present in the Lattari Mountains, rooted in the territory but also open to the challenges of the global market by focusing on the quality of its product. Iovine Wines are present at the most important trade fairs and can boast a series of awards and certificates of all respect to guarantee the quality of their wines.
- Wine name: Vigna Micciano
- Appellation: PENISOLA SORRENTINA RED DOC
- Zone: Micciano district (Pimonte-Naples)
- Vineyard extension (hectares): 3
- Blend: 50% Aglianico 50% Pedirosso
- Soil Type: Volcanic (made up of volcanic deposits from eruptions of the Vesuvius)
- Altitude: 450 meters above sea level (the vineyards stand on terraces.
- Vintage: 2013
- Colour: magnificent hues of brick red
- Nose: aromatic notes of cherry and jam
- Flavour: aromas of ripe red fruits
- Serving temperature (°C):18-20
Pairings: Braised beef, stewed meat, grilled beef fillet and, mature cheeses.
Alcohol: 15% vol
Agrumia does not sell any alcoholic beverages to individuals who are not 18 years old, and by placing an order, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.