On the southern part of the Maremma Toscana beneath Bolgheri known for its brilliant wines made from French varieties – the so-called Supertuscans Sassicaia and Ornellaia Here comes this indigenous grape – it is Sangiovese, but known locally as Morellino, grown on slopes around the hill town of Scansano.
Morellino di Scansano, is the quintessential wine of the Maremma, is now the Tuscan wine of choice in the chicest wine bars in Italy and, much appreciated by wine connoisseurs all over the world.
This wine is a blend of Sangiovese and a small part of grapes grown up in our farm Le Preselle in Scansano. Deep ruby, light and fine bouquet with a scent of violet and cherry. The palate is dry, warm and lightly tannic.
- Wine typology: Campo Vernino
- Appellation: Morellino di Scansano D.O.C.G.
- Production Blend: Sangiovese 90% Merlot 5% Cabernet Sauvignon 5%
- Area-vineard: Scansano - Grosseto
- Total ha (1 ha=2.471 acres): 45.000 bottles
- Region Exposure: South-east
- Area Elevation: 200m a.s.l
- Soil Texture: Pliocene sandy clay
- Rearing System: Guyot/Spur-pruned
- Alcohol content: 13% vol.
- Vintage: 2013
- Food Pairings: great with lamb chops, game, and as a meditation wine.
- Serving Temperature: 18 °C
Agrumia does not sell any alcoholic beverages to individuals who are not 18 years old, and by placing an order, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.